We’re always looking for talented graphic designers, brand strategists and inspired content creators to join our Chicago branding and design agency.
If you are interested in sharing your credentials, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.
Our boutique Chicago based branding + design agency has an immediate opening for a mid - to senior-level Graphic Designer with 4+ years of experience. Candidates should have a keen understanding of how design is the visual realization of business objectives, must love typography, have no fear of color and have a sharp eye for detail. Strong communication and presentation skills are a must, and the ability to create ideas with a pencil or pen on paper is still an asset within our studio.
A strong portfolio that demonstrates candidate’s ability to develop authentic design solutions based upon client communication strategies, is required with all inquiries. Expert-level print and digital production skills are also required, as is one’s ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Candidate must have a BFA or MFA in graphic design/visual communications and have at least 4 years of experience working as a graphic designer.
The Brand Strategist position at Otherwise provides an opportunity for immersion in numerous aspects of our branding, design and marketing practice. The role requires a highly motivated individual with a passion for learning and leveraging insight to deliver exceptional strategic and creative expression to our clients.
The candidate will work under the direction of Otherwise principals to participate in branding and marketing programs for Otherwise clients, as well as for our own social media program. In the role of Brand Strategist, the candidate will support an expansive range of initiatives, including:
• Social media marketing (strategy, implementation + reporting/analytics)
• Secondary research
• Information architecture (sitemapping + wireframing)
• Copywriting + content development
• Brand + creative strategy development
• Media planning
• Event planning
• Project scheduling and management
• Client liaison
The ideal candidate for the Brand Strategist position:
• Has earned a bachelor's degree in liberal arts, marketing or journalism (with a minimum 3.5 average)
• Is a creative and strategic thinker
• Is self-motivated with a willingness to learn
• Has 1-3 years’ experience in some aspect of the advertising or marketing space
• Is conversant with managing and creating content for social media practices and platforms
• Is able to multi-task and work successfully with teams
• Has excellent research, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
• Has excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Has excellent time management skills
This position is full-time (40 hours per week). Start date is July 12, 2021